Thursday, July 17, 2008

Someone bring back Milli Vanilli!

Is it technology or people that continue to disappoint me?

So, I haven't watched any of the late show shows for quite some time and I barely ever watched them to begin with. It's a long story as to why I'm even doing it now. Nonetheless, here I sit with Carson Daly just beginning in the background.

I started with Jay Leno and he had Coldplay.

I went to Conan O'Brien and he had on Dr. Dog.

You could tell that both of these performances were probably not so bad except that performers and engineers have now digressed to actual live performances rather than lip syncing. I know it's pure, noble and just for a concert, but.... **ahem** YOU ALL SOUND LIKE SHIT THROUGH MY TELEVISION! All of you. Every last actual live performance I watch sounds like crap. The Beatles sounded better on the Ed Sullivan Show.

So, here's the real question. In order to preserve the fan base of modern society should we resort back to lip syncing or would you think that we are all just so fucking stupid and that technology has not advanced to preserving a nice solid sound that is appealing to my ears and can entertain me.

Look guys... I'm very aware of the amount of work that it takes and the type of talent a person must have to successfully make a band sound good, but are television people only hiring people who went to school for sound or just the mentally retarded (no offense to actual mentally retarded people, I'm sure you're all smarter than the engineers hired by NBC)? I'm sure the engineering pay scale for working for a network station show such as Jay Leno or Conan O'Brien or what not pays enough for you to get to fucking work. If not, just get lazier and go back to lip syncing and stop ruining the sound of perfectly good bands. You are a disgrace sirs and/or madams.

I got nervous when I saw Serj Tankian was going to be on.... oh, whoever this guy is's show... you know the one that every 12 year old girl thinks is cute but he's really an overrated tight assed prude that wouldn't deserve my pinky finger up his ass? Oh, Carson Daly (I'm glad I wrote it at the top) I'm always fearful of someone ruining System or Serj for me by botching a live performance, but it goes to show that that mother fucker knows what's up and decided to just to an interview (I'm hoping).

Oh, sad. I just heard it announced that Serj is playing. Should I turn it off or cross my fingers and hope for the best?

No comments: